St. Bernards Weight Loss
The number of overweight Americans currently stands at record levels. This increase in obesity in turn has created a population experiencing significant medical issues triggered or made worse by obesity, like high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease and others.
To counter and even prevent some of these problems, St. Bernards created the Center for Weight Loss. Whether you need to lose 10 pounds or 200, this is the place to start.
St.Bernards Weight Loss offers multiple, comprehensive programs to assist you in reaching your weight goals. We are staffed by medical professionals and will assist you in choosing the correct program for your individual needs.
- DietMaster Pro™- This program can produce R.D. designed meal plans and grocery lists within minutes, create meal plans from scratch, as well as track weight control goals and produce nutritional assessments. You will meet with a trained, healthcare professional for individual sessions and a mobile device application will also be available for additional tracking in reaching your weight loss goals. This program is designed for a multitude to assist you in achieving your health goals that may include: weight loss, weight gain, increasing muscle mass for athletes, pediatric obesity, low cholesterol diets, vegetarian diets, heart healthy, healthy aging.
- HMR™ at Home- If you like to diet on your own, this program is the correct option for you.This program is a meal replacement program that assists you in losing weight by eating the correct portion that is calorie controlled. Health Management Resources is a national company with over 30 years of weight management experience. With this program, you can lose weight rapidly, consistently and safely. HMR™ products are available for purchase inside the Health and Wellness at the Café on the Mile.
- Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR Testing) Click Here for more Information
St. Bernards Health & Wellness is the only fitness facility in the region offering metabolic testing. Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) shows how many calories you burn at rest, doing nothing more than sitting in a chair. By testing your unique metabolic rate, we can help you understand why you have had difficulty losing weight in the past and how you can now be successful.
Your metabolic rate will be used to calculate Target Caloric Zones. With these Target Zones, all the talk about "cutting calories" and "burning fat" will finally make sense as it applies to YOU! You will learn the calories needed for YOU to stay at your current weight, as well as the amount of calories YOU need to lose or even gain weight.
The cost of a metabolic test is $50. Call 870-207-7823 to schedule your test today!
St. Bernards Weight Loss
Meet the St. Bernards Weight Loss Staff
Gina Powell, BSN, RNPosition: Medical Wellness Manager
Telephone: 870-207-5677 ext 4
- Bachelors of Nursing from Arkansas State University
- RN Degree from Jefferson School of Nursing
Gina Powell, BSN, RN, Medical Wellness Manager at St. Bernards Health and Wellness, offers a variety of wellness programs to assist in achieving personal health and wellness goals. Gina oversees the operations of St. Bernards Weight Loss, St. Bernards Diabetes Management Clinic, and St. Bernards Community Education Department. Each of those departments offers a variety of services and education to assist in achieving optimal levels of health and wellness.
Gina relocated to Jonesboro in 2006 from South Arkansas where she attended the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and graduated nursing school in 1995 from Jefferson School of Nursing. In 2013, Gina graduated from Arkansas State University with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing.
Gina is available for individualized nutrition counseling utilizing the DietMaster Pro Software and individual health coaching to assist in health prevention and education. Also available through our community education services, we offer corporate wellness screenings, and wellness programming to meet corporate needs.
Gina has three children. Gina loves Arkansas State Athletics, Arkansas State- The Sound of the Natural State, coffee, and spending time with her family and friends.
Amanda Heringer, MS, RDN, LDN, CSSDPosition: Registered Dietitian
- Bachelors of Kinesiology from the University of Arkansas
- Bachelors of Dietetics from the University of Arkansas
- Masters of Exercise Science from Arkansas State University
- Dietetic Internship at the University of Houston
- Registered Dietitian
Amanda Heringer, MS, RDN, LDN, Registered Dietitian at St. Bernards Health and Wellness, offers nutrition counseling and education programs to help members achieve their personal health and wellness goals. Amanda is a Jonesboro native who received both of her Bachelor degrees from the University of Arkansas-Fayetteville where she studied Kinesiology and Dietetics. After completing her undergraduate programs, Amanda went to Arkansas State University and received her Masters in Exercise Science. She just recently completed her dietetic internship through the University of Houston Distant Track program. Whether you need to lose a few pounds, are training for an athletic event, or just want to be healthier, Amanda is here to provide you with the highest level of nutritional care, and will customize your program to meet your special dietary needs.