Member consult, which is free to all new members is a great way to understand your current health status, set goals and track your progress. Consults are recommended prior to beginning a fitness program.
Member consult helps in more ways than one:
- Identifies potential areas of health or injury.
- Assesses and establishes a baseline of your current fitness level.
- Helps develop and establish an effective fitness program.
- Establishes goals and motivation.
- Tracks and evaluates progress.
- Identifies your strengths and weaknesses in relation to your physical fitness.
If applicable, you are then scheduled for a fitness assessments which includes:
- Resting heart rate and blood pressure
- Height and weight
- Body composition
- Girth/ Circumference measurements
- Cardiorespiratory endurance
- Muscular strength/ endurance
- Lipid panel and glucose
To prepare for the fitness assessment:
- The night before, get a good night’s rest
- At least 2 hours prior, avoid alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, exercise, and limit food intake
- Prior to your assessment, avoid taking non-prescription medications that may elevate your heart rate, until it is completed, unless advised against by your physician
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting or athletic/exercise clothing and shoes
- Bring water and maintain appropriate hydration
- Complete your lab work (lipid panel and glucose) at least 2 days prior to your fitness assessment
Starting out in a new fitness center can be intimidating, especially if the fitness equipment is different from what you are used to. At St. Bernards Health & Wellness, we are dedicated to making you feel comfortable in our facility. Our qualified fitness team will be happy to show you how our equipment works and help you with all of your related questions. Schedule your 30-minute complimentary equipment demonstration today to learn how to safely use our exercise equipment.
Call 870-207-7700 for more information.